Cyber-physical systems (CPS) are engineered systems that are built from, and depend upon, the seamless integration of computational algorithms and physical components (defined by NSF, US). Beyond the traditional embedded computing systems that are confined to single devices, CPS can cooperate with various other systems at a large scale. Moreover, CPS are recently becoming smarter by leveraging the rapid advance of machine learning technologies. Several examples of the intelligent CPS include autonomous automotive systems, distributed robot control, monitoring human gestures and behaviors with distributed sensors, etc.
Particularly, we focus on the following topics related to the intelligent CPS.
- Building algorithms that efficiently manage the distributed and restricted resources of CPS
- Creating innovative CPS by leveraging the machine learning techniques
- Addressing real-world problems by our expertise in CPS domain
[Real-time computing for embedded systems]
- Real-time scheduling for multi-core architectures
- Real-time virtual machines for multiprocessors
- Energy-aware and temperature-aware management
[Human-computer interactions for smart devices]
- Gesture recognition-based natural interfaces
- Distance-independent eye-free text-entry methods